- For OneArray® GX service, we ask for 5 ug of total RNA. 3ug is an absolute minimum.
- For Agilent GX and miRNA service, we ask for 1ug. 500ng is an absolute minimum.
- For OneArray® miRNA service, we need at least 5ug of total RNA.
- Contact us for NGS sample preparation.
Enriched miRNA is OK. If you send enriched miRNA, then please send at least 0.5ug.
No, please send total RNA only.
We recommend using Trizol, but we routinely receive samples that have been extracted using column-based kits from Qiagen, Norgen, etc. If you want to perform miRNA expression profiling, then please make sure your kit preserves miRNAs. Many standard column-based RNA isolations kits bind RNAs > 200 bp, so the miRNAs are essentially erased from your samples. The isolation kit must explicitly say that it preserves small RNAs.
No, total yield is the most important consideration.
Please send Monday through Wednesday FedEx or UPS overnight with 10lb of dry ice. We do not recommend sending samples on Thursday. Please do not send samples on Friday; they will not be received until Monday.
RNA QC Analysis
We look at quantity and purity using a NanoDrop. We also look at integrity using a Agilent Bioanalyzer.
- For OneArray® GX service, we require 260/230>1.5, 260/280>1.8, and Bioanalyzer RIN>6.
- For OneArray® miRNA service, we require 260/230>1.0, 260/280>1.6, and Bioanalyzer RIN>5.
- For Agilent service, we require 260/230>0.7, 260/280>1.8, and Bioanalyer RIN>7.
We can re-purify samples to take care of contamination by DNA, salt, protein, etc. If the RNA is degraded, then we ask that you send new samples.
If we extract RNA, then we can deliver data in 4-6 weeks. If you send us purified RNA, then we can deliver data in 3-5 weeks.
Yes. Please specify this on your Sample Submission form.
Yes. Please specify this on your Sample Submission form, and also provide a time frame for archiving the samples.
Microarray Data Analysis
Normalization, statistical analysis (unlimited pairwise comparisons), PCA, hierarchical clustering, volcano plots, and histogram plots. OneArray services also include Gene Ontology Enrichment and KEGG Pathway Visualization services. You will also receive the scanned microarray images and raw data files. Please download an example service report here: Service Report
If you choose SYBR Green chemistry, then we can design/optimize primers, or we can order pre-designed primers from vendors like Qiagen or Bio-Rad. If you choose TaqMan chemistry, then we will order pre-designed primers from Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Normalization to an endogenous control, fold change calculations, and statistical analysis. Please download an example service report here: Service Report
No, they are sold in multiples of 2.
Custom Microarray Printing
- 1 array per slide, 35,000
- 2 arrays per slide, 13,000 per array
- 4 arrays per slide, 4,000 per array
- 8 arrays per slide, 1,000 per array